Monday, 8 April 2013

The Easter Period
A busy Easter period for Fox in the Box began in Tooting, filming the South London Derby between Tooting and Mitcham and Dulwich Hamlet. The game was a very passionate one won by the away side thanks to two second half goals, the first of them scored inside the first 20 seconds of the second half. Tooting looked dangerous on the break but Dulwich were the better team and clearly deserved the win. Dulwich were very comfortable on the ball and played a neat passing game and although Tooting were also pretty good they just didn't have the quality of title chasers Dulwich, who looked like they could be a force in the Ryman Premier if promoted at the end of the season. The game will probably be remembered best by the Fox in the Box team though because of the Dulwich fans who never stopped singing throughout the whole match, really giving the game a derby spirit. After this match the team interviewed Liverpool and Chelsea target Dan Carr to get his view on the speculation about his future

On Easter Monday, Gabriel went up to visit family in Stockport, leaving Johnnie on his own to film games in the South. Johnnie went to film at Raynes Park Vale in their local derby match against Colliers Wood whilst Gabriel went to try to film Stockport but was turned down at the gate. The Merton Derby in the Combined Counties Premier Division was a classic end to end game at that level that makes you wonder why more people don't go to watch games in the Combined Counties League. Raynes Park dominated the early stages and looked like inflicting yet more pain onto struggling Colliers Wood but is was the Wood who took the lead from a well-struck free-kick and they shocked the Raynes Park players and fans by scoring a controversial goal that put them 2-0 up at half-time. Raynes Park came out to the second half with a job to do but despite pulling a goal back from the penalty spot, never really looked like equalising and conceded a third straight after their first goal. The game was back on again after Raynes Park scored a second goal, making it 3-2, but it was Colliers Wood who scored the final goal and won 4-2. No time for post-match interviews as Johnnie had to rush off to watch Sutton United vs Boreham Wood, being a huge Sutton fan.

Johnnie got down to Kingstonian the very next day after editing and uploading highlights of the game the day before with the help of relative newcomer Otto. The game was a bit of a non-event compared to the other games that were filmed in the Easter period and only 1 goal was scored. The first half was ridiculously dull; there was really only 1 chance which Kingstonian fired wide. The game really sprung to life after the K's had taken the lead through a good finish from Matt Pattison. Met Police then threw absolutely everything at Kingstonian and had a goal disallowed for offside in the final few minutes of the match. They then missed an absolute sitter and had a few more chances before the final whistle but the K's hung on for another victory. Not a great advert for the game, especially in the scrappy first half, but the passion was there and the night wasn't completely wasted for the FITB team.

Johnnie's final game of the Easter period before a much needed holiday up to Ambleside came at the Beveree as out-of-form Hampton and Richmond played fellow mid-table dwellers Enfield Town. Enfield took the lead and looked to add more misery to Hampton's pool of despair but Hampton came back fantastically and led 2-1 at half-time thanks to a cracking Joe Turner goal and a cool finish from Mo Bettamer after a great Powell through ball. Hampton then added a third after the break but Enfield made it 3-2 straight after the restart from the penalty spot. Enfield never really put any great pressure on Hampton in the dying moments of the game and indeed it was Hampton who scored a late goal after a breakaway in the 89th minute. A good exciting game to film to conclude the Easter period for Johnnie

On Saturday Johnnie was travelling up to Ambleside but Gabriel went to film Bishop Auckland vs Spennymoor Town in the Northern League. The game turned out to be a fairly dull 1-1 draw in front of a large crowd but Spennymoor had top scorer Gavin Cogden shown a controversial straight red card, meaning he could miss the side's FA Vase final at Wembley. Luckily, Gabriel caught the incident on camera and Spennymoor have appealed to the FA. The highlights of the game will be up by Thursday

5 games to show from a week isn't bad at all for FITB and we hope it makes up for the lack of highlights in the last few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment