Sunday, 28 April 2013

Hanworth Villa vs Guernsey and Chessington & Hook vs Hanworth Villa

Hanworth showed two sides of themselves in the games we filmed. They were excellent against Guernsey and fully deserved the win but arrived at Chessington without a full compliment of substitutes and were eventually well beaten by quite a lowly side

( Guernsey game was a great one to watch for the neutral. Hanworth were much the better side throughout and started on the front foot, although the first ten minutes didn't see a wealth of chances. Hanworth did come very close to scoring at around the 15th minute when the ball was volleyed just over the bar with the keeper beaten after a good cross. Guernsey's best chance in the first half came after a short backpass from a Hanworth player. The first shot was against the post and the rebound was somehow put wide when it would have been easier to score. The home side continued to dominate and felt they had taken the lead when a shot appeared to gone clearly over the line before being pushed back by the keeper but no goal was given, much to the dismay of the Hanworth players and fans. The two teams went into half-time level but the momentum was with Hanworth Villa and the spectators were left wondering quite how we were without a goal

The second half started in a similar fashion to the way the first one had ended. Hanworth were well on top and looked like scoring whenever they came forward. Guernsey understandably seemed to be tiring after their ridiculous fixture congestion and didn't really have the same zip as earlier in the season when I saw them at Molesey. Hanworth came close through a volley and a header just wide from a corner before finally scoring an overdue goal courtesy of Andrew Juett in the 71st minute. The goal came after a wonderful through ball and the chance was coolly finished. A goalmouth scramble in the Hanworth box followed in which at least 3 fantastic blocks kept the visitors behind and Hanworth seemingly killed off the game in the 80th minute through a Ricky Farnden header. Guernsey then rallied and put huge pressure on the Hanworth goal through many free-kicks and long throws which Hanworth somehow survived after a mix of poor finishing and strong goalkeeping. When Guernsey did eventually pull a goal back it was after a goalkeeping error in the 93rd minute but despite keeping up the late pressure they couldn't find another goal, to the delight of Egham. A mention to the referee in this one who put in another fantastic performance allowing the game to flow well and make it exciting, as well as making correct decisions throughout.

( Chessington game was a rather muted affair with Chessington needing the win a lot more than Hanworth, who had nothing to play for. This factor really showed in the match which was bizarrely stopped for 5 minutes due to problems with the weather

The game started with Chessington, fighting for their lives towards the bottom of the table, hitting the post after a corner. They continued to attack the visitors and should have taken the lead 10 minuted in but a sure contender for 'miss of the season' kept the scores level. Chessington were absolutely dominant and were unlucky not to take a lead into the break but almost gifted Hanworth a goal when a defender poked the ball past his own keeper but just wide of the post. The Chessington numbers 10 and 11 were the biggest culprits of missed chances going into half-time

The second half was full of incident but it seemed that Hanworth Villa were either tiring a great deal or just were not bothered because of the lack of anything to play for. However the first big chance of the half fell to the visitors but the Hanworth striker tripped when he needed to get a shot off and the Chessington keeper gathered the ball easily. Chessington then took the lead 10 minutes into the second half after a corner wasn't properly cleared and the ball was put back into the box before being headed home from 6 yards. The Chessington number 10 missed another fantastic chance after being put through on goal but tried to take it round the keeper who stopped him. The Hanworth keeper almost gifted Chessington a second goal when he miskicked a clearance straight to a Chessington forward but they managed yet another unbelievable miss. The second goal finally came when a free-kick was hit from a wide position, in the strong hail, into the bottom corner, a very good goal. Play was then stopped for 5 minutes due to safety reasons, or more specifically due to the strong hail that was falling. You may think that this was a 'soft' decision but whilst play was stopped I stood out from under my cover into the hail and it felt like being shot by pellets from a BB gun, it really wasn't pleasant. Hanworth then went down to 10 men after their goalkeeper was injured and they didn't have a substitute to bring on. Chessington then beat the outfield player in goal for their third after the Hanworth midfield just didn't have it in them to chase after the Chessington side who were breaking and the chance was well finished. More chances followed for the home side against the tiring visitors but it did finish 3-0

No comments:

Post a Comment